Re: Monitoring station response time

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:42:44 -0700, "Crash Gordon"
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>For about 5 years I had a second redundant cs in another state where we
>could switch to instantly, all records were backed up nightly...never ever
>had to use it.
>
>I wonder what ADT does with 8 zillion alarms if their cs goes down?

ADT has 5 customer monitoring centers in the United States connected
in a fully redundant load balancing network.  If any one is shut down
or becomes overloaded, the traffic is rerouted to the others.

Of course central stations never go down, so you're just fine with the
local guy down the street with a receiver in his closet, right?

A few examples where ADT had to use their redundant network:

 A blizzard in Colorado piled enough snow on the roof of the Aurora
center that the fire marshal ordered it closed for the safety of the
employees.  ADT's customers never knew it.

The Great Northeast blackout overloaded the Rochester, NY center.
Traffic was balanced to the other centers.

Last year the Jacksonville center was evacuated because of a
hurricane.  All traffic was rerouted.

Of course your area doesn't have snow, hurricanes, or power outages,
right?

http://www.adt.com/resi/24hour_monitoring/adt_monitoring_centers/