Re: Monitoring station response time

news:oXzZe.11$5u3.487@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> And that also speaks to the advantage of having a local area CS. We know
> when bad weather is coming, we know what areas tend to have powerfails or
> flooding, so we can staff appropriately.

Unless of course the levy breaks and floods your station...  You're also
subject to mandatory evacuation orders...  In this particular instance,
having a "local station" wouldn't be all that "advantageous".  Personally,
if a disaster like this struck, I'd wanna get outta there anyway...  Ain't
no point in "dispatching the police" to a break-in when there ain't no
police to dispatch.

:-))