DSC brain problem

My sister's house came with a DSC PC1500 (or maybe PC1550, I don't
recall exactly) system, and I finally got around to tracking down a
manual and trying to set it up for her... but no luck.  The reset
process seemed to work properly, on some tries... on others it had no
effect. The master code was reset to default, but the installer code
appears to be locked out.

After several different reset attempts, it eventually locked up hard
with all the panel LEDs lit, and I can't clear them - even powering off
for days, it still comes up with them all lit solid.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to reset this thing back to factory?
  Or is it the same as the Paradox, where locking out the installer code
can only be "undone" at the factory?

TIA...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0538-2, 09/19/2005
Tested on: 9/19/2005 9:41:11 PM