Re: DSC brain problem

What's happened is you have partially defaulted the board. All the zones are
open because everything except the installer code has been defaulted back to
factory. This happens when the board is locked (you can tell when it
"clicks" when powered up with AC). If you're in Eastern Canada, I can unlock
it for you but with postage both ways, and $20 for the default process, it's
hardly worth it.....(www3.sympatico.ca/rh.campbell/unlocking_services.htm)

The 1500 is old, and can't be dialed into for upload / download purposes
(the 1550 can however), so best to simply replace it with a newer system.
You wouldn't run your business with a 286 class computer, so why run your
home security with the same vintage alarm panel, especially with alarm
panels being so inexpensive nowadays.

BTW, to my knowledge, none of the factories will unlock boards that have
been locked out. That would defeat the lockout security feature of their
boards, plus this way they get to sell another board...

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
www.homemetal.com