Re: DSC brain problem

Thanks for the tip... I've actually been considering replacing my own
PC1500 home alarm (came with the place when we bought it) with a Paradox
system (my employer's regular wholesaler handles Paradox, so I can get
it at cost); I've found their programming a LOT easier and I've been
*VERY* impressed lately with their customer service), and just
transferring this PC1500 to my sister's place :)  Sounds like her
existing system is a paperweight now...

SF9026 wrote:

> i install DSC all day long   and i suggest  dont waist your time  on a
> PC1500  and second of all you probably zaped the eprom with the ressetable
> programing  on it  panel is unfixable   and   also  know  that  the minute a
> panel has been reseted  its not under warranty anymore   because they know
> it means troubble   :)
>
> a new Board PC 1555 mx  is like 95 dollars   and it come with one keypad
> one motion  amd power supply
>

> "Matt Ion" <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>My sister's house came with a DSC PC1500 (or maybe PC1550, I don't recall
>>exactly) system, and I finally got around to tracking down a manual and
>>trying to set it up for her... but no luck.  The reset process seemed to
>>work properly, on some tries... on others it had no effect. The master
>>code was reset to default, but the installer code appears to be locked
>>out.
>>
>>After several different reset attempts, it eventually locked up hard with
>>all the panel LEDs lit, and I can't clear them - even powering off for
>>days, it still comes up with them all lit solid.
>>
>>Anyone have any suggestions on how to reset this thing back to factory? Or
>>is it the same as the Paradox, where locking out the installer code can
>>only be "undone" at the factory?
>>
>>TIA...
>>

>>---
>>avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>>Virus Database (VPS): 0538-2, 09/19/2005
>>Tested on: 9/19/2005 9:41:11 PM
>>avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0538-2, 09/19/2005
Tested on: 9/20/2005 12:03:34 AM