Re: Monitoring station response time

"Doug L" <vssdoug@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:wqednVPBV5w7baTeRVn-3A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> If an area is hit by a major catastrophe be it flood, hurricane or
> earthquake it really makes little difference if the CS is local and goes
> down with the rest of the area or if the CS is located in another
> State,since if the power and phone lines are down locally then most
signals
> won't be going anywhere anyway, and even if they do the local authorites
are
> not going to be in a position to respond.
>
> Doug L

That is not always the case, My company is temporarily monitoring a few
thousand accounts from several companies in New Orleans that lost their
local central station. Also the authority problem that we all saw in the
last few weeks in NO only affected a limited area compared to the coverage
of those local central stations. As far as the phone situation its more
often than not the phones WILL work all too well as I get to witness the
massive amount of incoming signals anytime a hurricane hits :)

BTW I heard today that Home Automation Inc in New Orleans had their factory
totally destroyed although I haven't verifyed it yet