Re: 5540 Silent Knight Software Question

I kinda doubt it.

Most programming software has to pass somekind of password/code before it
will talk to the panel so I don't think you're gonna get anything out of
this experiment. I think the panel will not connect to your software. It
will not pass (or at least it should NOT) pass the account number to you
either.

"Bill" <simard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| If all else fails I'm going to use the modem on another line and call
| manually from a phone before I trigger the alarm.
| This will make the modem and panel work as intended just to a different
| phone number.
| I pray that will work.

| > Modem's not gonna produce a dialable dial tone.
| > Viking makes one...around a 100 bucks I think.
| >
| > I'm not sure you're gonna get your scheme to work though. Interesting
| > experiment I suppose. Let us know!
| >

| > "Bill" <simard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | The modem doesn't produce the tone needed?  Where can I get a tone
| > | simulator?
| > |
| > |
| > | "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message