Re: avoiding being "locked out"

Yeah, those kind of negative life experiences tend to make you somewhat
jaundiced and distrustful of people. It pays to remember that for every
craphead out there, there are a thousand kind and decent souls.

I don't go into any business venture with my eyes closed. As I phase out, my
son is looking at hiring another tech to assist in our booming business. One
thing I've strongly suggested he never do is make any hired parties privy to
anything like installer codes or account information. He installs, we then
program, train and do the rest. Just makes good sense in case something
unforeseen happens (as I gather you found out the hard way....)

I was actually helping out another chap to start his company up, even doing
some installs for him early on. He later broke up with his wife who ran away
with his technician, who subsequently dialed in to all his panels and
sabotaged them seriously. But with some help together, we got all twenty
accounts back on line. AND, this time, he programmed in callback properly to
prevent this happening again.....

Live and learn I guess...

RHC