Re: avoiding being "locked out"

Sorry, yes you're right, Ademco is quite different that way. I am not
familiar with Ademco panels so assumed (always dangerous to do) that all
panels reacted pretty much the same way. Perhaps there are other panels
where this applies as well. I am only very familiar with DSC and Paradox and
of course there are a great many panels on the market, some of which could
be just like Ademco. So what I posted is quite incorrect for Ademco and
other panels that react the same way (assuming there are others).

One thing I have wondered is why everyone makes such a fuss about keeping
the receiver number, account number, and other information so secret. I ask
this question quite honestly, since to my knowledge, my CS doesn't make an
issue about such things. Perhaps you could tell me why knowing the receiver
number that someone uses is so dangerous. I do service for other alarmco's
who are friends, when they are on vacation, and they always leave me with
the relevant calling information, plus receiver numbers for the blocks of
panels, in case I have to replace one of their panels in their absence. And
they know all my information in return.

Thanks

RHC