Re: avoiding being "locked out"

There are several reasons why it's in a monitoring company's best interest
to "lock out" a panel- mostly having to do with keeping installer codes
secret, (which might be used in more than one customer's panel) and keeping
account numbers and central station phone line numbers private. With this
info, someone could disrupt monitoring for one or even many accounts, or
create a "runaway" phantom alarm panel to keep the police from responding
after several false alarms.