Re: Vsita 15P programming question

It's dumb and confusing.

And to confuse a newbie even more...a powered device like a pir or gb are
logically labeled...you'd connect the the NC and Com terminals for the relay
on a closed loop zone.

I went through this switch terminology confustation with an electrical
engineer friend of mine I''m helping to install a system in his house. I
had to let him program the zone on a NO switch his way first which of course
worked backwards.

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
|> I think this is what I said in my first post,
| > namely that electronic components are
| > listed by the manufacturers according to
| > the state they are in with no external
| > influence...
|
| You got it right.  The one who was confused is one of the "professional"
| installers who posts as "petem".
|
| > I surmised that once the component was used
| > in an alarm system, then the terminology went
| > from manufacturer language to alarm language
| > which describes the circuit...
|
| Well, sort of.  Magnetic sensor manufacturers usually do describe the
sensor
| as N.O. or N.C. based on the state of the sensor with no maget around.
| Control panel manufacturers usually refer to the panel zones (sensing
| circuits) based on the nature of the circuit.  Thus a Normally Open
magnetic
| contact would be used in a Normally Closed loop.
|
| > The various posts here appear to have
| > confirmed my thoughts on this. As far as I
| > know, electronics catalogs have always
| > described a n.o. relay as the state of the
| > contacts with no voltage applied...
|
| That's correct.  Also, some manufacturers, such as Ademco, describe their
| magnetic contacts as "Form 'A'" or "Form 'C'".  Form "A" means there's a
| common lead and a N.O. lead.  When the magnet moves away the circuit
opens.
| Form "C" is another way of saying "SPDC".  There's a Common, a Normally
Open