Re: Vsita 15P programming question

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:E86dnS6EkY-IwqbeRVn-sg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "petem" wrote:
>>
>>  ... in this industry normal sate is when the switch is
>> at the ready state..so when the door contact is close
>> to its magnet...
>>
>> much easily said then all the bs you post....
>
> You are quite wrong, friend.
>
> Following is a link to a Sentrol product information bulletin on the 1275
> series magnetic contacts.  Sentrol is the most popular manufacturer of
> magnetic contacts in the USA.  Perhaps you have heard of them.  The 1275
> is intended for NC loops.  It opens the circuit when the magnet moves away
> from the switch.  In the table on the second page you will find the
> electrical configuration of this popular switch.  It is labeled as "N.O."
> which refers to the state of the switch without the influence of the
> magnet -- in other words, when the door is open.  This is precisely the
> opposite of your erroneous statement.
>
> http://207.173.33.114/products/pdf/1275PIB.pdf
>
> Following is a link to the document describing the 1125, a 3/8" diameter,
> stubby contact which is also extremely popular.  You'll notice that the
> designation is, once again, "N.O." which describes the sensor state with
> no magnet around.
>
> http://207.173.33.114/products/pdf/1125PIB.pdf
>
> GRI is another popular manufacturer of magnetic contacts.  Following is a
> link to a product document describing their 2020 series switches.  The
> 2020-12 is intended for use in a closed loop.  It opens when the magnet
> moves away.  GRI describes the electrical configuration of the sensor as
> "N.O."
>
> http://www.grisk.com/recessed/pdf/2020-12%20series.pdf
>
> GRI's popular 20RS-12 is another 3/8" stubby press fit, similar to
> Sentrol's sensor.  Here's a link to the page on it, which again describes
> the sensor, which is intended for a closed loop, as having an "N.O."
> configuration.
>
> http://www.grisk.com/recessed/pdf/2020-12%20series.pdf
>
> If you need further information on the subject feel free to post again.
> I'd be happy to assist you.  BTW, I'm a bit biased in favor of these since
> I sell them (and over a thousand more) in my online store.  See the URL in
> my tag line below.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

I think this is what I said in my first post, namely that electronic
components are listed by the manufacturers according to the state they are
in with no external influence. I surmised that once the component was used
in an alarm system, then the terminology went from manufacturer language to
alarm language which describes the circuit, not the component parts. The
various posts here appear to have confirmed my thoughts on this. As far as I
know, electronics catalogs have always described a n.o. relay as the state
of the contacts with no voltage applied. Even in my old Ademco, a
replacement relay was sold that way without regard to its eventual function
in the circuit.

Bob