Re: Paragon Plus - mains spike

The jumper is a dead short.

Shorting the mains fail pins will allow the panel to be set when the mains
fails (running on battery only).

There is no point in shorting these if the problem is a tamper fault.

You need to locate the tamper fault.  This could be either the main control
unit lid tamper switch, The global tamper circuit or the Siren tamper
circuit.  There is also the possibility that the fault is on the circuit
board but this is the least likely and the last thing to try.

Firstly remove the connections to the global tamper circuit on the pcb and
short out with a short length of wire.( T T )
Hold lid tamper switch closed and try to set system if tamper fault gone
then the fault is somewhere on this circuit.

If fault still there short out Siren tamper connections ( B-  BT ) and try
again (this is the most likely offender).