Paragon Plus - mains spike

I have a Paragon Plus, recently during a thunder storm a large spike
occured on the incoming mains supply.

As one result the alarm box froze and would not respond.  In an atempt
to fix this I disconnected the mains supply to the unit.

The unit now response to key presses but the tamper alarm has been
triggered.  I have read the installation manual and it say to short the
mains fail disable pins with the provided jumper.  I do not have this
jumper!

Anybody know what this jumper is?  I assume it is a resistor, but what
value and what is the procedure?

All help welcome,
Phil.