Re: is wireless mature yet

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:NWSOe.296899$5V4.27951@xxxxxxxxxxx

> "alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > julian <julian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:13:57 -0400, "cdn_bcn"
> >> <jonathan_h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Stay away from the DSC and Paradox wireless.
> >

> > I have lots of DSC wireless out there, and IME it works as well as
anyone
> > elses.
> > js
>

> Same here...  What the heck is he talkin' about??

Thats very easy Frank, if I had to guess julian used the original DSC
wireless equipment which was total junk.

Anyone remember the original WLS905 door sensor? Real smart design where you
had to push a tab and slide it away from the base, only problem was the tab
was on the same side as the magnet so if you mounted it on a window frame it
was almost impossible to get the damn sensor apart. Also the battery
compartment in several of those 900mhz sensors had a design flaw that caused
sensor faults. At Westinghouse we had so many problem with the fucking
things we took to mounding ITI QuickBridge receivers with ITI wireless. It
was pathetic...

As someone who has worked with large companies with a huge number of
accounts I tend to see problems with panels and sensors long before many
here do and I cannot tell you how many problems, how many service calls and
how much wasted money was caused by the older 900 mhz wireless and even some
of the 433 mhz stuff, granted the sensors they make now ARE better but it's
one of those "Burn me once shame on you burn me twice...." kinda things.

BTW this comes from someone who likes DSC panels