Re: is wireless mature yet

news:Ivadne4tEse29oveRVn-tA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Thats very easy Frank, if I had to guess julian used the original DSC
> wireless equipment which was total junk.

That sorta depends on your "point of view"...

> Anyone remember the original WLS905 door sensor? Real smart design where
> you
> had to push a tab and slide it away from the base, only problem was the
> tab
> was on the same side as the magnet so if you mounted it on a window frame
> it
> was almost impossible to get the damn sensor apart.

Yep.  But then, I've never mounted the transmitters in the window frame.  We
always drilled up and mounted them on the wall adjacent to the window (under
the curtain rail so you can't see it).  We'd use 3/8" stubbies.  A lot of
times moving the antenna through 90 degrees was enough to boost the range
significantly.  Never had a problem with the 900 mHz stuff.

> Also the battery
> compartment in several of those 900mhz sensors had a design flaw that
> caused
> sensor faults.

Hmmmm...  Never had that problem either.

> At Westinghouse we had so many problem with the fucking
> things we took to mounding ITI QuickBridge receivers with ITI wireless. It
> was pathetic...
>
> As someone who has worked with large companies with a huge number of
> accounts I tend to see problems with panels and sensors long before many
> here do and I cannot tell you how many problems, how many service calls
> and
> how much wasted money was caused by the older 900 mhz wireless and even
> some
> of the 433 mhz stuff, granted the sensors they make now ARE better but
> it's
> one of those "Burn me once shame on you burn me twice...." kinda things.
>
> BTW this comes from someone who likes DSC panels

I happen to like DSC too...  even after the fiasco with the PC-3000,
SkyRoute, MaxSys...  Talk about a waste of time and money...