Re: Graham MIA?

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:57:12 -0700, Karl Magnus
<magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Robert L Bass wrote:
> >>Subminimal(SIC) huh?
> >

> > Main Entry: sub·min·i·mal
> > Pronunciation: -'min-&-m&l
> > Function: adjective
> > : smaller than the minimum that is required for a particular result <a subminimal stimulus>
> >
> > Sorry for using a term which is not in your limited vocabulary.
>
> conservadolt(SIC)...

You're the one who inserted "(sic)" in an attempt to pick on my
vocabulary.  It backfired.  Perhaps

>>>Anything to back this claim of yours up?
>>
>> Sure thing.  The company is an ADT "Authorized Dealer".  The
>> formula you guys use is to sell *sub·min·i·mal* protection,
>> charge a nominal up-front price and then sock the victim for
>> $30-40 per month until Jesus comes back.
>
> We offer full perimeter protection.

At an exorbitant price, I'm sure you do.

> You lose. (again)

More accurately, your vict... er, clients lose (always).

>>>I didn't think so.
>>
>> You didn't think I knew what kind of company
>> it is?  Perhaps you just didn't think.
>
> You don't know what kind of company we are.
> You are free to guess again though.

It's public information -- no need to guess.

> ... participants scoring in the bottom quartile on
> tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly
> overestimated their test performance and ability.
> Although their test scores put them in the 12th
> percentile, they estimated themselves to be in
> the 62nd.

Please don't insert your resume in the newsgroup.
--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms