Re: Paying customer wakes up to CF alarm every morning

Everyone- thank you for your replies.  While most of this stuff is a
bit over my head, the idea of having them change the daily call is
something I will pursue.  I am paying for the service plan so even if
they need to come out to make that change I will not need to pay
anything.  And heck, since they are out here anyway, why not a 4th shot
at trying to get it to work :)  Yes- I am still under contract which is
why I am not cancelling and then starting new service at the new place.
 Plus since going for the Vonage thing was my cost-savings decision
despite warnings from Brinks, I am not entirely opposed to paying for a
few months knowing it is not working (although I have "asked" for a
credit), I just want that frickin beeping to stop :)  Also, I want to
take advantage of the move program which only applies to current
customers.  Not sure how much that will save me since I will need a
bunch of new fear for the new house....  I knew VOIP had the potential
for problems but it was a personal decision that I made in an attempt
to save a lot of money per month and balance the probability 1) I would
have legitimate alarm event (which has not happened since installed two
years ago, and 2) the connection would happen to fail at that exact
moment.  I know, a gamble but lesson learned...new house will have
dedicated line.

SUMMARY- From what I could undertand of these posts, there is no easy
fix for me to stop the daily call in.  Several months ago someone told
me they thought there was something like hitting CANCEL 15 times which
would disable that but they were not sure.   BTW since I know people
post question like these for less honorable reasons... I am NOT trying
to cheat the alarm company... in case anyone is wondering. I have had
Brinks for several years, paid a lot to get every feature they have
installed in my home (3) motion, (1) heat, (3) smoke, (4) door, (1)
glass break, (1) line cut, (1) LatchKey (paging), (2) remotes, (1)
"panic" button (wife works out of house) and more I am sure I have
forgotten.  In the new house I will be doing this all over again, and
continuing to pay be $35/month. I an just frustrated that knowing what
I paid and installed, and continue to pay every month under contract
(more than a year left), why they won't help me just disable the call
back.   I am sure someone will reply that I am wrong, but I just don't
believe this can not be done.

Beeping making me crazy!!! :)  And my two Shih Tzi's too!

Beep Beep Beep in Chicago, Brett