Re: Paying customer wakes up to CF alarm every morning

Jen...tel- you are welcome to addres me directly instead of speaking as
if I not in the room.  By your response you clearlfy havent read
through all the threads.  I wouldnt blame you for not, that is until
you start making derogatory comments about me when you have no idea
what you are talking about.  I am going to put things in very short,
bulleted sentences for you- maybe a nice quick re-cap would fill you
in.  Actually this is not for you... about 3 minutes is my limit on
investing time with lesser lifeforms... This reap is for the 70+
legitimate challenge they are helping me to respond.  Your negative
energy is best posted elsewhere, you are excused.

For those who have been helping me and just jumped in...

1) The context: $130 phone bills for my wife to call home in London is
a lot of bling.  So can you honestly blame me for giving Vonage a try-
which as lowered my bills to $30. Hold you breadth..... relief is
coming!
2) I am already one step ahead of you...Sure I could get a POTS system
but my wife and I just bought a new home and hope to move soon (a month
or so). I am not in the witness reloation program... I am not going.to
drag in a POPS line for a month.
3) Lesson learned!!... LandLine on new house will be ready to roll!  I
am just trying to get by the next month or so without the annoying CF
peep ever night at the same time.  I am still paying my full monthly
service even thought I have not been able to get a connection since
switching to vonage (No I a not crying about it, just heading off at
the pass those people who think everyone who asks a question about
disabling a communication error is stealing).  My wife and I just want
some piece and quiet on this failing system until we move.  I even
spoke with Brinks in Des Plaines, IL today to configure the package for
my new house.  I paid them lots of bling for the first system, keep in
monitored religious for three years, and my 4,000sf new house is going
to require me to purchase a ton of new gear.  I am not cheap so
hopefully Jen...Tel you dropped off this forum but if the curiousty was
getting you    ME...NO...CHEAP.   ME...PAY....LOTS!  Hardware and
monitoring.  And I don't mind.  If I did I would not have signed up.
and
4) No.... unplugging the system is not an option because, even though
the connectivity does not work, I am still paying and would like to use
the system (local) at night.

So we are back to.... is there a way to disable the daily CP trouble
alarm.  bdebj2 suggested holding down 0 for 10 seconds to reboot...
that works but the next day the alarm comes on at the same time.
Bdebj2 had some othe suggestions I will work through.  Thank [most of]
you for being so helpful and trying to help an honest (ahem) person.