Re: Commercial Alarm - help

"Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hoA8f.3245$yX2.537@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Alarms don't have a 99% failure rate, the end-users do... I believe the
> problem is with the people that purchase the systems,

While your numbers are off, alarm systems actually do have a 99% failure
rate.
Real world numbers (2002) from the USDOJ annual report:

76% Human error (mostly user defined)
15% Monitoring Station error
8% System/Malfunction error
1% Valid Crimes

I don't believe the problem is the people who purchase the alarms though.
The residential security business, IMO, is no longer considered a
professional trade, and it's been that way for years....
But you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out; you have to
able to break through your personal denial barriers and read the FACTS.
Facts are J. Sloud is right on the money.
Facts are the USDOJ receives this information Nationwide from responding
authorities, and publishes this collected data to the American Public. Fact
is, few care! And even fewer care to get involved.