Re: Multiple magnets, one zone, EOL resistor. Never works!

"alarman" wrote in message
> "Crash Gordon" wrote in message
>
>> in his case I'd disconnect the loop and put the 2.2 right across the zone
>> and check programming and make that work before adding the loop back on.
>
> I'm sure he already thought of that though. After all, "it's not rocket
> science" you know.

Probably not. Most people I know who are new to the alarm business are not
good at troubleshooting problems. It is something which needs to be learned
(and taught).

Many experienced alarm techs that I have known are quite helpful, will give
detailed advice, training, etc.

The best troubleshooting tip I have been taught, is if you have multiple
contacts (say 15), and something is not working, try testing half the loop
and see if that half works. If it does, then test half of the remaining
loop, etc.

And if you have a situation where there is "one wire" following around the
perimeter of a building going to this contact and that contact as it travels
around, and there is an open somewhere, then just run a wire from the panel
as you walk around to various contacts and test each point along the loop.

Or invest in a phone company type wiring "tone generator" if you are in the
repair end of things and need to do this frequently...