Multiple magnets, one zone, EOL resistor. Never works!

This never seems to work properly for me.  Here's what I do... am I
doing something wrong?
I want to secure, say, 4 windows with magnets.  I take two wires from
the panel -- a green and yellow.  The green wire goes uncut allllll the
way to the last magnet and I place an EOL resistor there and join it
with one lead on the last magnet.  The yellow wire gets cut at each
window and a magnet is placed at each cut by simply splicing in the two
leads of the magnet.  This is what I would call a series circuit.  Now,
if I open any window, the circuit is open.  If all windows are closed,
all magnets are closed and the circuit is closed with an EOL resistor
reading 2.2K ohms.  I've checked this with a meter.  All I have to do
is plug the green and yellow into a zone and program the panel that
it's a NC zone with an EOL resistor on it.  Why does it always think
it's open?  If I take the EOL resistor out and program the zone to have
NO EOL resistor then of course it works.  What the heck am I doing
wrong??