Re: Multiple magnets, one zone, EOL resistor. Never works!

Total nerd wrote:

> Give me a break.  You guys are completely incapable of having a
> sensible discussion.  You're so good at dishing it out but you can't
> take it at all.  Yes, I'm a homeowner and no I'm not a professional,
> and yes I mistakingly used the word Magnet instead of Switch, and yes I
> also know how it works and what the magnet does.  You guys are so full
> of yourselves that you need to pick on someone like me simply because I
> used the wrong word, not realizing that the mere fact so many DIY can
> handle a small home alarm installation proves that being an alarm
> professional doesn't require too much more knowledge,

Experience comes in handy though.  Most of us wouldn't wire the circuit
the way you are because you are limiting what you can do in the future
(with a new panel with more zones), making it harder to troubleshoot and
ensuring that one bad switch will make ALL of those windows dead and you
can simply take one out of the loop at the panel.
Remember, you are dealing with eletronic gear and things do go bad.
(if you are using recessed switches I hope you included a service loop)

  and as the years
> progress this stuff will only become easier for the average person to
> install, not harder, and your attitude will fade.  The truth is, the
> question, regardless of the improper terminology, is valid and you all
> knew what I meant.

Yes we did.

   I presume, without being too bold, that if
> "alarman" said something like "... so I hooked up the magnet to zone
> 1..." no one would beat him up for it because we all know what he means
> and we're all above that petty crap.

We would likely give him a lot more crap about it.
Crash made a ligth hearted comment and you were a bit sensitive about it.

   Nevertheless, continuing this