Re: 5010 Communication Problems

I can't speak about Ademco, because I know nothing about them. Both DSC and
Paradox are actually produced in factories in Mississauga and Montreal
respectively (I've been through both factories).

I've had far better luck with Paradox panels, but that's just me; others
might tell you the opposite. I do feel Paradox wireless is far better than
DSC wireless though, and I also feel personally their panels are more solid
over the longer term. They did have a bad run of early model panels that
prejudiced a lot of dealers against them from the get go, and we ARE an
unforgiving lot. ADT don't handle Paradox because they are reputed to have
tried to buy the company, and they wouldn't sell, so their opinion could be
as much politics than anything else. But in fairness, for a large company to
take on another line of panels represents a major cost in stocking,
training, parts etc, so their decision to not use Paradox could also just be
a simple business decision.

Unfortunately, one person's opinion on a line of panels doesn't mean much;
there will be a thousand others that will tell you the opposite.

RHC