Re: 5010 Communication Problems

"Armond Perretta" <newsgroupreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:_5KdnVtl9a21F9veRVn-sA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> R.H.Campbell wrote:
>>
>> ... I've changed as many boards out as well because a lot of these
>> kinds of problems will re-occur in spite of your best efforts. Why
>> should we waste our time because of dubious electronics from the
>> manufacturer....
>
> Is there _one_ manufacturer who seems better (or worse) in this respect
> (DSC, Ademco, etc.).  Also, do manufacturers actually _make_ their own
> boards, or (like laptops) in there some clandestine factory somewhere in
> China putting boards together and applying various labels?

Most North American manufacturers stand behind the stuff they sell.  And
most of the product they sell is "assembled" in either Mexico, the US, or
Canada.  DSC used to be made entirely *in Canada* (except the chips of
course).  I took a tour of their factory a few years ago (before Tyco bought
'em)...  Really impressive.