Re: CCTV mount

Ok..lemme see if I even get the job. I supposed to call the guy today but I
got stuck in an attic fixing rodent damaged wires (yecko).

I'll budget for a couple hundred and if I get it I'll make drawings and call
ya.

He had offered to install poles, I guess h e has someone that does that...if
we have to go that route it'd save me time since all i'd have to do is
weathertight flex up to a mount....we'll see.

Thanks.

R.

"Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
|I could make a mount to do that, no problem.  Wire goes in through the base
| and out at the top with flex or what?  I'ld charge a couple hundred bucks
| make it neat and wonderful, but you could probably get a local welding
| (Joe's Welding etc) fabricator to do it for you up there too.  I think
that
| does look better than a pole along the building.  If I make the client
aware
| that sometimes cameras are ripped off of buildings and they choose not to
| have me do anything else then I don't worry about.
|
| The picture is adequate.  So I take it you just want one of those only
| taller?  The only thing you would need to decide is how you plan to route
| the wire.
|
| If you want me to make you one give me the dimensions, but like I said a
| local guy would be glad to make it for you up there too. Its not hard.
I'ld
| probably use the swivel adjustment bracket off a cheap all metal camera
| mount at the top of my custom bracket rather than try to fabricate that
| part.  Not that I couldn't but why reinvent the horse.
|

| --
| The Security Consultant
| Bob La Londe - Owner
| 849 S Ave C
| Yuma, Az 85364
|
| (928)782-9765 ofc
| (928)782-7873 fax

| > Here's a photo...ok so it looks like Timothy Leary took it on a bad
day..

| > The soffit popout is at abt 10 feet maybe. It is behind a locked gate,
| > however someone could stand on top of the gate I guess. Not a real high
| > crime area, in fact theyve never had a problem, its just to record cars
| > entering and leaving the gated area it's looking right at the Door King
| unit
| > abt 40ft away.
| >
| > Cell phone cameras suck...at least mine does.
| >

| > "Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |
| > | "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |
| > | I do.  It really doesn't take much.  The key is visualizing what you
| want
| > | and then finding stuff that will work.  I buy pipe, angle iron, and
| plate
| > | all the time.  Occassionally I find I need something made out of tube,
| but
| > | that's no big deal either, just have to do a little more welding.  I'm
| > three
| > | hours drive away, but I do my own custom work.  Also, if you have a
good
| > | idea what you want and can draw a picture using standard steel stock
| > make
| > | it you can have a welding shop fabricate it for you.
| > |
| > | I also have a steel tubing bender for round tube and a grinder besides
| the
| > | stuff I already mentioned.  Throw in a circular saw with a metal
cutting
| > | blade and a good quality angle grinder fitted with a steel brush and
you
| > can
| > | make most any type of mount.
| > |
| > | Since most often when I want to make something that specialized its
for
| an
| > | industrial application appearance does not have to be perfect, but it
| > still
| > | looks pretty good.
| > |
| > | You commented on height though.  That concerns me.  I have had
multiple
| > | cameras ripped off the face of buildings.  I am alway concerned by
| > something
| > | sticking out at a moderate height.  If practical I prefer to put a
| So-Itch
| > | into a finished eve or go with a Silent Witness gripless cameras if I
| > don't
| > | have them atleast 20 feet up in the air.  From what you describe
having
| > the
| > | customer install a pole may be a better option.  We have installed a
few
| > | poles in the past.  While not cheap they do get the camera up where
its
| > more
| > | difficult to vandalize.
| > |