Re: CCTV mount

I could make a mount to do that, no problem.  Wire goes in through the base
and out at the top with flex or what?  I'ld charge a couple hundred bucks to
make it neat and wonderful, but you could probably get a local welding
(Joe's Welding etc) fabricator to do it for you up there too.  I think that
does look better than a pole along the building.  If I make the client aware
that sometimes cameras are ripped off of buildings and they choose not to
have me do anything else then I don't worry about.

The picture is adequate.  So I take it you just want one of those only
taller?  The only thing you would need to decide is how you plan to route
the wire.

If you want me to make you one give me the dimensions, but like I said a
local guy would be glad to make it for you up there too. Its not hard.  I'ld
probably use the swivel adjustment bracket off a cheap all metal camera
mount at the top of my custom bracket rather than try to fabricate that
part.  Not that I couldn't but why reinvent the horse.

--
The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner

(928)782-9765 ofc
(928)782-7873 fax

> Here's a photo...ok so it looks like Timothy Leary took it on a bad day..
>
> The soffit popout is at abt 10 feet maybe. It is behind a locked gate,
> however someone could stand on top of the gate I guess. Not a real high
> crime area, in fact theyve never had a problem, its just to record cars
> entering and leaving the gated area it's looking right at the Door King
unit
> abt 40ft away.
>
> Cell phone cameras suck...at least mine does.
>

> "Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> |
> | "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | > You got tools for that?
> | > I don't know anyone in town for custom work, do you?
> |
> | I do.  It really doesn't take much.  The key is visualizing what you
want
> | and then finding stuff that will work.  I buy pipe, angle iron, and
plate
> | all the time.  Occassionally I find I need something made out of tube,
but
> | that's no big deal either, just have to do a little more welding.  I'm
> three
> | hours drive away, but I do my own custom work.  Also, if you have a good
> | idea what you want and can draw a picture using standard steel stock to
> make
> | it you can have a welding shop fabricate it for you.
> |
> | I also have a steel tubing bender for round tube and a grinder besides
the
> | stuff I already mentioned.  Throw in a circular saw with a metal cutting
> | blade and a good quality angle grinder fitted with a steel brush and you
> can
> | make most any type of mount.
> |
> | Since most often when I want to make something that specialized its for
an
> | industrial application appearance does not have to be perfect, but it
> still
> | looks pretty good.
> |
> | You commented on height though.  That concerns me.  I have had multiple
> | cameras ripped off the face of buildings.  I am alway concerned by
> something
> | sticking out at a moderate height.  If practical I prefer to put a
So-Itch