Re: CCTV mount

news:CSB2f.50$vV4.1088@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> You got tools for that?
> I don't know anyone in town for custom work, do you?

I do.  It really doesn't take much.  The key is visualizing what you want
and then finding stuff that will work.  I buy pipe, angle iron, and plate
all the time.  Occassionally I find I need something made out of tube, but
that's no big deal either, just have to do a little more welding.  I'm three
hours drive away, but I do my own custom work.  Also, if you have a good
idea what you want and can draw a picture using standard steel stock to make
it you can have a welding shop fabricate it for you.

I also have a steel tubing bender for round tube and a grinder besides the
stuff I already mentioned.  Throw in a circular saw with a metal cutting
blade and a good quality angle grinder fitted with a steel brush and you can
make most any type of mount.

Since most often when I want to make something that specialized its for an
industrial application appearance does not have to be perfect, but it still
looks pretty good.

You commented on height though.  That concerns me.  I have had multiple
cameras ripped off the face of buildings.  I am alway concerned by something
sticking out at a moderate height.  If practical I prefer to put a So-Itch
into a finished eve or go with a Silent Witness gripless cameras if I don't
have them atleast 20 feet up in the air.  From what you describe having the
customer install a pole may be a better option.  We have installed a few
poles in the past.  While not cheap they do get the camera up where its more
difficult to vandalize.

--
The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner

(928)782-9765 ofc
(928)782-7873 fax

> "Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> |
> | "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | > I need an odd camera mount for exterior mount. Lightweight camera.
Needs
> | > be like an L mount to mount on side of building and come out abt 18 or
> so
> | > inches to clear the overhang then go up abt the same distance
> | (measurements
> | > not critical at this time). Trying to avoid a custom build.
> | >
> | > Anyone know a source?
> | >
> | > TNX
> |
> | I do custom mounts all the time.  Scrap metal, chop saw, wire feed
welder,
> | and a couple cans of rust cap spray paint and you are good to go.
Usually