Re: Your Favorite Install Tool?

While there are certain areas of an engineered wood beam  that can be
drilled for wires, conduit etc, the manufactures normally advise for a
qualified professional  to OK any modifications, including the placement of
holes etc. I personally wouldn't drill a glue lam.

http://www.rosboro.com/techref-glulam/EWS-S560-C.pdf

Doug L