Re: Your Favorite Install Tool?

"-)

I had to leave a Hole Hawg up in the rafters of a church...drilling through
a glue lam beam and it wedged itself in real good..couldn't even open the
chuck...had to leave the drill up there...that was a grand slam...no fires
though. But, that old Milwaukee is still up there I bet!

"ranger" <hd_ranger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Or how about drilling thru the ceiling in a boiler room, next to the wall,
| for some surface-ran wiring, and hitting a 120V wire ran thru the ceiling
| nailer. (Knew right away cause the lights went out.)   The fire in the
attic
| was small, though, and put itself out.  And this was the first of 21
| pre-wires....
|
| Rick C.

| > Welp yah know...you NEVER know where some dumb electrician has run a
wire!
| > found that out years ago...I was drilling UP above a door header to
| replace
| > a door switch on a  house. Top of the door was less than a foot below
the
| > ceiling (old house). ZAP. Of course no one told me the door had actually
| > been a window at one time so I guess the 110 vac had been re-routed from
| > under the window to OVER the door.
| >

| > "Matt Ion" <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

| doesn't

| bought

| > |
| > | A friend was having a cable outlet installed in his apartment for a
| > | cable-internet hookup.  The cable installer was drilling down through
| > | the floor and hit a 110 wire, and shorted it to something else metal,
| > | and started a fire.
| > |
| > | Fortunately, his apartment was right across the street from the fire
| > | hall.. :)
| > |
| > |
| > | ---
| > | avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
| > | Virus Database (VPS): 0543-1, 10/25/2005
| > | Tested on: 10/25/2005 10:04:11 PM
| > | avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
| > |
| > |
| > |