Re: Paying customer wakes up to CF alarm every morning

RHC, I understand what you are saying. I'm lost though over the
comments that the company should do something over if the company
liability lets them do it.
Example for you.  We install electrical monitoring equipment under
orders of a NV NAC for home medical equipment.  It's hooked to the
phone lines and connects on a circuit before the breakers. If
electricity is lost, it calls the utility and a buzzer goes off inside.
 The contract states it is to monitor the electric utility line, not
just electricity.  If the home disconnects electricity and installs
alternative power (wind, generator, mule&wheel) we still need to
maintain monitoring of the utility line so long as we are being paid.
I know it's a nuisance and I know it could be moved to a circuit on the
alternative power, but if it's for utility monitoring we have a
responsibility to followr what is written not what the customer has.  I
can shut off the buzzer but that makes us liable should anything
happen.  If the customer cancel service we will have to turn off the
entire thing.  If the phones go down, a buzzer sounds until restored.
The customer can silence the phone buzzer for 8 hours (it will report
the silencing when service is restored) but the buzzer can never be
disconnected even if they disconnect phone service.  If it causes them
problems, they need to get back phone service and utility electricity.
As long as they are paying for the service, we must provide it and
maintain it exactly as originally agreed.  They can only have it as
installed or cancel all service .  I think that is what I'm asking of
the alarm, if the alarm was installed with that feature set that way,
and I disconnected phone service wouldn't i be the sole responsible
person regardless of what I'm willing to pay or what the company is
trying to do for me to get it to work?