Re: Firelite MS5024UD

"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:o0O3f.15619$5l.1364@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have heard some claims before when a Firelite panel  is reporting to an
> Osborn Hoffman receiver. I had some problems with a Firelite panel on a
> newly installed system with unfined signals coming in that the panel isn't
> capable of sending. One of the questions Firelite ask is what receiver is
it
> reporting to. I wasn't sure as I use a third party center. As it turns out
> was not connected to a Osborn Hoffman receiver but they seem to beleive
that
> this receiver and Firelite equipment are not on the same page for what
ever
> reason.

I can't speak for Osborne-Hoffman receivers since I've never messed with one
but it still seems like a stupid suggestion by Fire-Lite's support.
Regardless of which format you are using and it doesn't matter if the the
two devices cannot communicate with each other at all that panel SHOULD NOT
lock up.

I've seen problems in the past with other manufacturer and in the end it's a
panel problem that later gets quietly fixed in the next BIOS revision. Of
course only AFTER that fix is in place do they bother to confirm the problem
existed.