Re: Radionics D7212B1 Panel Help

Mark,

I appreciate your concern over my abilities to work with electroincs. I can
assure that I am not in over my head. I bought the older version of the
board just because it has a socketed EPROM that I could extract the code. My
intention is to use the Radionics code if I can. Otherwise I am fully
prepared, and capable, to write an entirely new program for this board. And
yes, I am that good. I currently have a good protion of the original
Radinonics code decomplied and I am using a logic analyzer to track the
operation of the microprocessor in areas where the code is not clear to me,
yet. I have the key circuits mapped out on the board and I am adding to my
knowledge daily. For example, I already know how to unlock this panel by
running a program to change the password in RAM. May not be the best way to
do it, but it can be done. I can also monitor and inject communication
signals into the peripheral bus using my PC.

I expect your perspective is different from mine. For me, this is a fun
project to see how something works, down to the bits, bytes, volts and ohms.
If I get a useful alarm system at the end of it all, good for me. If I
don't, I learned one heck of a lot and my next design in my "real job" may
be just that much better. As you suggest, if I ONLY wanted an alarm system,
this is NOT the way to go. I agree. Trouble is, I don't learn that much by
signing a contract for an alarm system around the kitchen table.

Perhaps, if you are interested, you could assist me in my investigation. Do
you have any detailed knowledge on these types of boards beyond what is
written in the installation/maintainance/programming manuals? Do you know
the various commands and command formats that are actually sent down the
wire from the modem and/or used on the peripherial device serial bus? Do you
have schematics? Repair manuals? Source code ; ) ?

Thanks for your concern and assistance.

Bob

> Not the panel, I'm talking about the person who owns the panel
>
> I love it when they say "I'm handy with a soldering iron..", big whoop!
>
> Not gong to do jack on IC circuitry and it won't get the panel programmed,
> it just means they are handy with a soldering iron
>
> "Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > It's not that bad... :)
> >
> > Jim Rojas
> >
> > "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message