Re: Commercial Alarm - help

Clients are funny!

I just replaced 2x 5808 wireless smokes. Why? Because he was changing
batteries every 6 months.
Why?...they usually last at least a year IF you use the Duracell ...are you
using the Duracells like I've been tellin you for years...YES. Ok. So I go
out there and he has Walgreen's batteries in there. Bruce...these are NOT
Duracells see LOOK it says it stamped right into the bottom of the smoke.
Well...I'm ***not**** gonna put the most expensive batteries in these things
all the time. What all the time? If you put the right ones in they will last
at least a year...if they don't I'll GIVE you a set of batteries. I don't
care I want them out of the system. Ok...how much to put wired ones in? I
feel badly about this so I only charge him 200 bucks to do an attic crawl
and install 2 wired smokes (this is cheap considering what we had to do to
install them).

Now he's happy...but 200 bucks would have bought him a LOT of Duracells!