Re: PIR's: Why trip on two detects?

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:18:36 GMT, Frank Olson
<Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Crash Gordon wrote:
>> Are you talking about Pulse count?...that's not quite the same as two trips.
>>
>> I use pulse count all the time, the count I set it at depends on the
>> conditions of the room, harshness of the evironment, dogs, kids, mirrors,
>> fans, fax machines, heat/cooling ducts etc.
>

>You're still using detectors that use "pulse-count"??  *Gasp!*

Back to the original question, the reason you wait for two trips is
that PIR's are notorious for falsing at guests of air, a change in the
position of the sun, a reflection from across the street, or for no
reason at all.

By waiting for a secondary confirmation before it goes into alarm, the
device is double checking the alarm's validity.

Beachcomber