Re: NextAlarm and ABn Adapter Question

Jackcsg, the ABN does communicate with the computers at Nextalarm
frequently.  It does not communicate only once a night like other
alarms.  It does not communicate all the time so disconnect it and it
could be an hour before they know.  It will tell you at your computer
that a network device was disconnected but if your not there????
You need to connect it to a wall outlet with aplug in transformer.
remove the plug and your ABN is dead.  (had that happen with the
digium).
Nextalarm does not monitor any alarms at all.  They operate a computer
server center.  If all you use is the e-mail notification or auto cell
phone notification, it's through their computers, no human involved.
If you have monitoring with humans involved, the alarm goes to Next and
is rerouted to their contract centers in CA or NJ.  They become only a
middleman to send signals.  I had the actual human service and the
response sucked.  Took longer for the monitoring to get the rerouted
message.  Had it delayed for over 15 minutes once.  they claimed they
got it later, BS, Next's computer said 10am received, the monitoring
center said they got it from next at 10:15 am, A delay for what?
The ABN also simulates so much that the alarm does not know if the
message went through.  IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE TALKING TO THE ALARM
MONITORING FOR THE ABN TO TELL THE ALARM SYSTEM IT WAS SUCESSFUL.  All
it does is pretend everything worked even if it didn't, and hopes it
can eventually get through to send the alarm message.  I had a DSL
service outage and the alarm never told me it didn't communicate.
Before going with Next, it would dial and dial and say it didn't
communicate.  I did switch to a real service.
Crash, U B Right on the Head!  Next has no idea if what they get from
the alarm is what is really going on.  You can tell them a door is on a
zone when it's a panic button.  Ypou can tell them all your zones are
holdup alarms and that's all they know.  You can make up anything and
they dont know.  I was dumb when SO stopped responding to alarms and
decided to go with the low price.  After buying one adapter only to
have to buy another, i bet they make lots of money selling adapters.
Thats probably where their bread and butter comes from.  I got a tip
from one person who said to hook the entry items to 2 zones, one listed
as a entry the other as a motion.  Open a door and they got both door
and motion, was a good way to simulate multi-zones to get response.
Next didn't have a clue, still don't.