Re: NextAlarm and ABn Adapter Question

Here's what it does...
It's basically a PBX extension box. (Short version) It connects directly to
their software, intercepts the dial attempt, and uses CID for the
communication to a receiver.
They don't need the account number....don't need the installers code, in
fact, they don't make any programming changes to the panel at all.
When the panel goes off hook to dial, and dials whatever number, the device
intercepts, and re-routes the call to them. This is new technology, and it's
protocol is called "asterisks".
Blows through any firewall, router, etc...
Like one giant PBX, with extensions. UL? Nope.
It's the $99 of what's to come for residential.