Re: NextAlarm and ABn Adapter Question

Ok I get that part, but CID only gives very basic info on what the zone
really is..right? They're not gonna know the difference between a Kitchen
Window or a Master Bedroom door right? How do they know that EVERYTHING is
tested in? The homeowner doesn't always know every zone in the system.
Sounds like a liablility nightmare to me.
If the homeowner doesn't set off a medical pendant, for instance, how would
they know what it is?

Is this ABN extension box somehow supervised if it requires power, etc?

or am I missing somehting here?

"Jackcsg" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Here's what it does...
| It's basically a PBX extension box. (Short version) It connects directly
| their software, intercepts the dial attempt, and uses CID for the
| communication to a receiver.
| They don't need the account number....don't need the installers code, in
| fact, they don't make any programming changes to the panel at all.
| When the panel goes off hook to dial, and dials whatever number, the
device
| intercepts, and re-routes the call to them. This is new technology, and
it's
| protocol is called "asterisks".
| Blows through any firewall, router, etc...
| Like one giant PBX, with extensions. UL? Nope.
| It's the $99 of what's to come for residential.

| > I'd like to know more about this ABN "adapter"...sounds like it steals
the
| > dial out and somehow converts it to what?...how does it connect to
| > internet?...what backups are there? How would nextalarm know what the
| panel
| > is SUPPOSED to send anyway?  Sounds goofy to me.
| >

| > "moe" <moe@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | $33/qtr is a good damn price.  maybe you should think twice about
| > switching.
| > |
| > | "Leor Amikam" <amikaml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

| provider