Re: ARE YOU REALLY BEING MONITORED? READ THIS

On 17 Nov 2005 19:19:26 -0800, "Sonicduck" <jones1019@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Not being a tech, I guess I stand corrected.  I thank you for that.
>The basic premise still stands though.  The monitoring center checks to
>see that the location is sending a signal.  I know for a fact that ADT
>and Hell South from Protection One both use Mastermind.  Hell South
>actually relies on more of it's features that ADT.

Again, every commercial fire alarm system must send a daily timer
test.  ADT receives thousands and thousands of these each day.  MAS is
the largest supplier of monitoring software in the industry.  It's no
suprise that ADT uses them, and has for years.  However, billing and
order entry is done in other systems within ADT.  MasterMind is used
for monitoring and service dispatch, only.  Security Link used
MasterMind for all business functions, and from what I understand, it
worked quite well.