Re: Commercial Alarm - help

JoeRaisin wrote:

> > It's just like what's been happening in England the last 5 or 6 years.
> > They've confiscated all the privately owned firearms. Have created laws
> > that don't allow home owners to harm intruders under the threat of
> > imprisonment and being allowed to be sued by the intruders. In the last
> > few years, violent crime in England has exceeded every record . ie. No
> > deterrent, more crime.
> >
> Any chance you have a reference and actual statistics to go with this?
> I would like to use this in certain debates elsewhare on usenet...

Give me a little time, I'll see if I can dig up some sources. You could
subscribe
to some of the UK news readers also. Similar things are happening in
Australia
also. I think I remember there, that they've banned swords too .....
Jeeeeeze.

You can look up the name Tony Blair. He was arrested for shooting some
burglars after they had broken into his home a dozen or so times. He
was
jailed, convicted and then sued by the criminal he shot. When he came
up
for appeal, the criminal was asked his opinion on what course the court
should
take. Happened about 5 years ago, but is now the precident. There are
more
violent crimes and crimes involving firearms than there were before
private
ownership was banned. The governments response is to enact more
restrictive
private ownership laws. This is proof that the saying is true. If you
take the guns
away from the private citizens, only the criminals have guns.

Fox hunting is no longer allowed in England anymore either, because of
the tree huggers having it banned. Now they have to use a drag of some
sort for the dogs
to follow scent. Just like the criminal, a fox takes higher priority.