Alarm Frequency Snooping

Hi everyone!

I could really use some serious advice from all of you wireless security
alarm hotshots.

My neighbors are into all sorts of organized crime.
They're annoyed at me for taking so many countermeasures to protect my
house... security cameras,  alarm systems, etc, etc, etc.

Last week, I arrived home.  Before opening up my garage door with my
wireless remote,  I noticed a strange green plastic domed object camouflaged
in front of my next door neighbor's star jasmine bushes (that are also
green).  I thought that it could be a dome for a security camera. Yet the
green plastic didn't appear to be at all transparent.

About fifteen minutes later, a car drives up my driveway. A couple minutes
later, I hear my wireless alarm making the characteristic beeping sounds, as
if somebody was pushing the keys with the secret password with the intention
to disarm the alarm... yet nobody else was in the house!

Soon after, the car drives off and I notice the green dome is gone.

I beleive that the perpetrators have stolen my wireless alarm and garage
door remote's frequencies and may be waiting for the right moment to break
in.  I wish I now hardwired the house!

My questions are:

(1)  Is it very likely that they got my alarm's password by means of
frequency snooping?

(2) Are there devices out there that allow criminals to automatically
determine alarm passwords by frequency "lock-picking." ??

(3) If I changed my password, and did not use the wireless remotes, do you
think I'd be safe in the future?

(4) Are there wireless alarm systems, out on the market, that automatically
change the frequecies so that frequency stealing/snooping may not be so
easily accomplished?

Thanks for your insights in advanced.