Re: Alarm Frequency Snooping

> (1)  Is it very likely that they got my alarm's password by means of
> frequency snooping?

No.  It's possible but there are so many easier ways to get past an alarm
that it's unlikely anyone would bother, especially a pro.

> (2) Are there devices out there that allow criminals to automatically
> determine alarm passwords by frequency "lock-picking." ??

One might use a scanner to determine the frequency of a hand-held RF keyfob
but better quality models use code hopping to overcome this weakness.

> (3) If I changed my password, and did not use the wireless remotes, do you
> think I'd be safe in the future?

Probably so.

> (4) Are there wireless alarm systems, out on the market, that
> automatically
> change the frequecies so that frequency stealing/snooping may not be so
> easily accomplished?

There are systems that use code-hopping.  Ademco's "encrypted" RF is pretty
tough to snoop.  However, if someone with the right gear and knowledge is
determined enough they can get into Forty Knox.  Getting back out might be a
bit difficult.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass