Re: Dealers: More Security for the Buck

Devin wrote:

>> The system is not UL approved, and I don't believe it will ever be
>> sent to them for approval.  The cost of UL testing is prohibitive and
>> all it does is add a name to the product. It doesn't make the product
>> better or worse.
>

> If it isn't UL Listed. Then i doubt it would get CSA approved up here.
> And we wont touch a product that isn't. Too easy for an inspector to
> have ya rip it out. And most engineering firms and builders(even home)
> require it when your qouting on thier projects, Commercial or
> residential. Like one of the others said it will shut out most of the
> market this is intended for.
>
> Just some food for thought.
Devin:

Thanks a lot.  It seems you feel like most other contributors to this
group, and while I did not have to go throught the UL hassle for
govenment installations, it appears I will have to do it for commercial
applications.

Any ideas on how to start the process of getting a listing?  And as
Robert Bass indicated it appears the system has to be listed for it's
intended use.  The difficult part about the whole thing seems to be the
fact that many different components can be added as enhancements to the
system.  Do they all have to be listed; even-though, they have been
individually listed by the Underwriters Labs?  Any inputs would be
appreciated.

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Celso Lujan