Re: Why Don't You Like DSC? (Addressed to those that don't.)

> I don't use Napco for the same reasons... :)

Each to his own.  I've found Napco to be the most configurable panels on the
market for years.  Even the powerful ELK-M1Gold doesn't have the P9600's
flexibility.  Of course, the ELK-M1 Gold is a true home automation platform
so it can also do scads of things Napco can't.

Napco's software was errm, OK until theire first Windows app came out.  The
current Windows release is much improved.

Napco's panels incorporate strong anti-false alarm technology.

They've not had many recalls nor have they had much of a failure rate during
more than a quarter century that I've been using them.  Tech support usually
answers quickly (except Monday mornings) and most of the time they give
useful advice.  They will go online with a panel and diagnose (but not
change) your settings if you hit a wall with programming.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics