Re: Caddx NX8E door electric strike

>> The NX8-E has four programmable outputs on
>> board the master control panel.  You can use
>> one of them to trigger a low current relay which
>> in turn operates the door strike.  Don't connect
>> the aux outputs directly to the door strike
>> though.  They're designed for low current loads.
>> You can then assign a user code to trigger the
>> desired output for the door.  There are a few
>> programming entries needed but it's not hard
>> to set up.
>
> The NX-8E already has two 1-amp relay outputs

That's true.  I usually reserve on-board relays for sirens, strobes, etc.,
so I didn't copnsider using them for this purpose but you're right, they
could be used.

>> ELK Products and Altronix both make low
>> current relay boards which will do what you
>> need.  There are other brands as well but I
>> carry these in my online store.
>
> He doesn't need them but even if he did require
> external relays I'm suprised you didn't mention
> Caddx's own nx507

The NX-507 is discontinued.  It's been replaced by the NX-507E.  I didn't
suggest either of these because they cost several times as much as ELK's and
Altronix' relay boards.  If one of the on-board relays is available that's
fine.  If not, ELK or Altronix are preferable IMO to the Caddx module.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics