Re: Caddx NX8E door electric strike

news:gdydnQrw-bJYBePfRVn-qw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> The NX-8E already has two 1-amp relay outputs

Mark...  I'm surprised at you!!  "1-amp" is considered "low current".
Depending on the door strike the OP is using you could easily draw more than
1 amp from your power supply.

>> ELK Products and Altronix both make low current relay boards which will
>> do
>> what you need.  There are other brands as well but I carry these in my
>> online store.
>
> He doesn't need them but even if he did require external relays I'm
> suprised
> you didn't mention Caddx's own nx507

ISTR he doesn't like Ademco's contacts at all and won't recommend their use
even though they're still featured on his website.