Re: Caddx NX8E door electric strike

> I have installed a Caddx NX8E in my office.  Can I program a code to
> activate an electric door strike or magnetic lock?  If so do I have to
> have an additional module ie relay module etc or can I do it with the
> NX8E as is.

The NX8-E has four programmable outputs on board the master control panel.
You can use one of them to trigger a low current relay which in turn
operates the door strike.  Don't connect the aux outputs directly to the
door strike though.  They're designed for low current loads.  You can then
assign a user code to trigger the desired output for the door.  There are a
few programming entries needed but it's not hard to set up.

ELK Products and Altronix both make low current relay boards which will do
what you need.  There are other brands as well but I carry these in my
online store.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass