Re: Review of www.alarmrelay.com monitoring service

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:qiele.1487032$6l.565484@xxxxxxxxxxx

> "A.J." <aj@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >I have not heard of any digital dialer that can dial and transmit alarm
> >signal in less than 20 seconds. You should really check with your
> >technician before making statement like this.
> >
> > And I have not heard of police responding to any burg alarms within 3
> > minutes either.
> >
> > Of course, that's only my 2 cents.
>

> If it's transmitting SIA, then 20 seconds for a single zone alarm and
> restore is not beyond the realm of possibility.  Now... if the panel's
> dialling a 1-800 number then you could wind up with it taking a bit
longer.
> The fact that an actual *operator* was talking to the customer 20 seconds
> after an alarm is a bit far fetched, though...

Actually it is beyond the realm of possibility

Also the poster fails to mention what system he has, how the dialer is
programmed, what the central station uses as a receiver and what the
handshake sequence is, of course he won't know the last two however they
will eat up much of that time regardless of the format.

Only way to get below 20 seconds is internet monitoring or maybe MAYBE
cellular/radio direct to the station, I've timed formats and call durations
countless times and it's never been 20 seconds or less, not even close