Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

Hmmmmmm......... Silence ????? I must have struck a nerve with my last
comment....... I don't hear any of the usual static about how crappy the
Trunk Slammers have made the industry, and that's why we all need the new
codes BS..... If I'm not mistaken, Trunk Slammer CAN'T afford TV commercials
and Newspaper ads....... :^))

"Russ Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I've said it before, and I'll say it again.......... UL HAS HAD STANDARDS
> FOR DECADES, NFPA is a day late and a dollar short when it comes to the
> Security System Standards realm... I also find it funny that some of the
BIG
> boys on the block that have been dumping low-end crap on the market for
> decades, now suddenly want to have higher standards...... Give me a break,
> sounds like more regulation that the major players can use to screw the
> little guys with... After all, 70% of the industry is controlled by the
> majors, so I've come to the conclusion that 70% of the false alarm problem
> is CAUSED by the majors (Al you may print that)... Solution: ADT,
Protection
> One, & Brinks, why don't you guys get together and figure out the problems
> in your own backyards... BTW: Leave the little guys out of your solutions
> your problems...
>
>     You see, the small dealer MUST answer directly to the Client, the
small
> dealer can't pass a client from Sales to Service, from Service back to
some
> customer representative that's never installed a system... When the small
> dealer's clients aren't happy because of false alarms & bad service,
he/she
> NO longer gets referrals and gets a bad reputation... Bad reputation
usually
> equals BANKRUPTCY... So one can come to the following conclusion: The
> remaining 30% of the industry (not including the Authorized Dealer Whores)
> that managed to stay in business over the years by using Yellow Pages ads
> and Word-of-mouth (i.e. referrals) must be doing some QUALITY work &
> CUSTOMER service, or they wouldn't be in business... Maybe the majors can
> clean up their BS by learning a thing or two from the little guys, things
> like being Honest, Doing what you said you'd do, and most importantly,
TREAT