Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.......... UL HAS HAD STANDARDS
FOR DECADES, NFPA is a day late and a dollar short when it comes to the
Security System Standards realm... I also find it funny that some of the BIG
boys on the block that have been dumping low-end crap on the market for
decades, now suddenly want to have higher standards...... Give me a break,
sounds like more regulation that the major players can use to screw the
little guys with... After all, 70% of the industry is controlled by the
majors, so I've come to the conclusion that 70% of the false alarm problem
is CAUSED by the majors (Al you may print that)... Solution: ADT, Protection
One, & Brinks, why don't you guys get together and figure out the problems
in your own backyards... BTW: Leave the little guys out of your solutions to
your problems...

    You see, the small dealer MUST answer directly to the Client, the small
dealer can't pass a client from Sales to Service, from Service back to some
customer representative that's never installed a system... When the small
dealer's clients aren't happy because of false alarms & bad service, he/she
NO longer gets referrals and gets a bad reputation... Bad reputation usually
equals BANKRUPTCY... So one can come to the following conclusion: The
remaining 30% of the industry (not including the Authorized Dealer Whores)
that managed to stay in business over the years by using Yellow Pages ads
and Word-of-mouth (i.e. referrals) must be doing some QUALITY work &
CUSTOMER service, or they wouldn't be in business... Maybe the majors can
clean up their BS by learning a thing or two from the little guys, things
like being Honest, Doing what you said you'd do, and most importantly, TREAT
YOUR CUSTOMERS LIKE HUMAN BEINGS....... AL you can print that too...

Just my 1/2 cent, Russ